Brand Partnerships Director - NY or Midwest
New York or Chicago (Midwest)
Is it important for your work to make a difference in the world? Are you searching for a work environment where your colleagues share your values? Are you progressive, respectful of all peoples, and interested in helping champion messages of equality and social responsibility? If you answered yes to all of the above, the Brand Partnerships role might be a good fit for you. We want to connect our platform of thought leaders to companies that have an important message to share in a way that serves our audience, delivers for our clients, and scales GOOD / Upworthy's revenue. We're looking for a high-energy, mission-friendly, goal-oriented, charismatic Brand Partnerships Director to take on building and managing their own book of business with digital advertisers and agencies. An ideal candidate will have an active network of client/agency relationships and a proven track record of successfully managing a book of digital media business.
The Ideal Candidate is. . .
A high achiever in the digital media sales sector looking to accelerate their career trajectory, increase their earnings potential short-term and long-term, and work exclusively on campaigns of significance/importance.
The Day-to- Day
- Generate new leads and opportunities through an aggressive and consistent outreach program that includes a combination of tapping existing relationships as well as cold calling to initiate new ones
- Proactively establish and cultivate strong consultative relationships with top brand clients and advertising agencies
- Develop and sell creative, solution-oriented programs to strategic partners which help them achieve their goals
- Create and manage a strong pipeline of business to meet and exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Coordinate with Account Strategists on up-sell process to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with partners
- 3-5 years digital media sales experience; experience with native advertising is a strong plus but not required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Existing relationships with digital ad agencies and brands
- Strong prospecting/cold-calling skills and relationship-building abilities
- Knowledge of the digital and social landscape
- A passion for initiating and developing new relationships
- Competitive compensation. We're mission-driven, but we're a for-profit company. We can offer a mix of a strong base salary and commissions.
- Take vacation when you need it. We offer a competitive vacation package that enables you to recharge – ensuring that your best self comes to work each day.
- Stay healthy. All full-time employees have medical, dental, and vision benefit options. We offer generous parental leave.
- Awesome team. You'll be collaborating with a fantastic group of smart, driven, principled, good-spirited people.