Human Resources Manager (HR Manager)
Good Media Group is looking for a Human Resource manager to join our team in Los Angeles. The HR manager will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function and will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
The HR Manager
- Actively recruits all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places job descriptions; works with managers to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers.
- Conducts onboarding and offboarding of employees and independent contractors.
- Runs standard HR processes (e.g. Performance Reviews, Culture Surveys).
- Updates, recommends, and maintains the employee handbook on policies and procedures.
- Maintains employee files and organizational charts.
- Manages two junior office/administrative roles.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of human resource experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with a record of achievement in managing recruitment processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Demonstrated experience in working with a mission-focused, diverse, multi-generational and geographically dispersed workforce is beneficial but not necessary.
- Must have ability to travel occasionally, much of it will be self-directed.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential and/or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) credential.
- Prior experience with TriNet or another PEO (Professional Employer Organization)
- Prior experience with Workable or another Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Good Media Group is committed to supporting our staff, offering a competitive benefits package including equity in the company, a 401(k) plan as well as medical, dental, and vision plans, and more. And you should know that Good Media Group is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization.