"GOOD aligns unparalleled expertise in social science, social media, and social change. We bring people together, change perceptions, and inspire actions that impact business and culture for good. GOOD collaborates with clients to develop bespoke programs and campaigns that connect deeply and authentically with people who care about purpose -- from envisioning new corporate social responsibility programs to developing and implementing citywide initiatives to stewarding campaigns to support women empowerment or organizations against gun violence."
GOOD/Upworthy is looking for an Assistant Editor to help expand our award-winning editorial team. The ideal candidate will have a diverse set of skills and interests: editing stories, writing and reporting, packaging of stories for distribution across social media, working with our network of freelancers and helping to further optimize our editorial strategy and vision.
We’re open to a wide range of candidates including recent graduates to those with a more developed professional resume who are interested in an engaging opportunity with room for meaningful growth.
We are looking for candidates to join our newsroom in Los Angeles.
Primary duties include:
- Editing and publishing 2-3 stories per day across the GOOD, Upworthy and associated sites.
- Sourcing/Assigning stories to our team of writers each day.
- Write 2-3 short, aggregated blog posts per week.
- Help coordinate and prioritize submissions from freelancers.
- Help track the performance of published stories
- Test additional headlines and images for stories to be distributed across social media.
- Help manage our syndication partnerships
- Write 1 original story per week.