Good Worldwide Inc. is the home of two media platforms - GOOD and Upworthy - and GOOD Corps, a social impact consultancy under the GOOD umbrella. GOOD Corps partners with organizations to imagine bold opportunities that align performance goals with impact. The multidisciplinary team creates iconic initiatives that are a win for business and the world. Our programs focus on the people and ideas pushing the world forward, covering topics like diversity, education, human rights, the environment, mental health, parenting, relationships, labor and work, science, health, and culture.
GOOD Corps is partnering with Strayer University and National Geographic to demonstrate the transformative power of education in the lives of students and their community, Decatur, Alabama. This uniquely ambitious program will also tell a story about perseverance, reinvention and the power of learning to change lives and strengthen communities. We are looking for an on-site Program Manager, in Decatur, to play a key role in bringing this innovative program to life.
The on-site in Decatur, Program Manager is critical for the success of the program. This self-starter will implement a range of programs designed to support students in their degree completion and community connections.
- Day-to-day liaison among program team members (Strayer University, National Geographic, Vox Global, GOOD Corps), students, Decatur community leaders, local organizations, and other partners.
- Program and project management of initiatives to enhance the students experience and connect them to the community.
- Management of student selection based on previously developed application criteria and process.
- Ability to continuously evolve the program flexibly and entrepreneurially.
- Build community relationships and partnerships through in-person meetings and attendance at community events.
- Developing thought leadership on the topic of how to help America's smaller towns and cities; networking increasingly with other such thought leaders for the benefit of the program.
- Assist in helping to ensure resource availability, allocation and administration
- Assist in the tracking and monitoring of the project’s success, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Assist in managing the changes in project scope, project schedule and project deliverables
- Aide in the creation and administration of comprehensive project documentation
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent client service and partner management, and associated interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized given key coordination roles.
- Deep expertise in program management.
- Ability to proactively identify and prioritize what needs to be done and problem-solve with the stakeholders, constraints and relevant information.
- Working knowledge of purpose-driven marketing.
- Ability to work with diverse religious, racial, and ethnic communities.
- Extensive experience with local community collaborations.
- 8+ years of/in project management, community organizing, education, or leadership experience.
- Valid driver’s license and access to the use of a personal vehicle
- Event planning experience (Preferred).
- Knowledge of local economic development and/or community investments by higher education (Preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)/ Master’s degree (Preferred)
All applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume, both of which speak to the specifics of this role.
The assignment will start in July 2018 and end in March 2019, with a possibility for extension.
Position will often be working from home/ remotely